The Lehach Filippa Fellowship Program
The Lehach Filippa Fellowship Program was created to empower extraordinary and innovative creative professionals with access to exceptional legal services that they might not be able to pursue otherwise. It is our aim that through the LF Fellowship Program we are able to promote the free exchange of the arts, enrich the cultural fabric of the US, and provide a voice for artists seeking positive social change through artistic mediums.
Qualification to Apply
- The fellowship is open to artists who are working at a professional level in their chosen field as identified as one or more of the following artistic disciplines.
- Literature – including fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, journalism.
- Visual Art – including painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photography, design, mixed media and installation art.
- Music Composition – including instrumental forms, vocal forms, electronic music, and sound art.
- Performance Arts – including actors, dancers, choreographers and directors.
- Proof of involvement with innovative, progressive or revolutionary work that promotes social, environmental, economic or political justice.
- Sponsorship should be identified prior to submission.
- Provide a copy of your current CV or résumé and if applicable, a link to your professional website.
- Provide five (5) sample images, audio or video files of your work (JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, 72 dpi or reasonable file sizes only please).
- A brief statement attesting that all sample works provided are of your own original creation.
- A written description (between 350 and 500 words in length) describing your plans to work in the United States. Please identify within your statement how temporarily residing in the US will enrich the intercultural exchange (i.e. identify how your stay will be mutually beneficial for you the artist and the US).
- Send all the above information as a Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive file to email@example.com
- Include in the subject line: Last Name, First Name – Artist Discipline (i.e. Visual Art).
- Please also be sure to include your contact information within your email signature so that we know how to get in touch!
All applications will be reviewed in the order they were received. We will be in touch with you regarding the status of your application within four to six weeks of submission. We look forward to receiving your application and for the opportunity to work with you!
Q: Do I need to have a sponsor in order to be selected for the fellowship program?
A: Yes, you should have a sponsor pre-selected and confirmed prior to applying for your artist visa and also the LF Fellowship Program. For more information on identifying a sponsor, you might find our recent blog posts on the sponsorship and artist visa application here and here to be helpful.
Q: How much does the LF Fellowship Program cost?
A: All of our legal services are waived at no cost to you if you are selected for the program. We do, however, require that the government processing fees and also union “advisory letters” (if applicable) be the responsibility of the applicant. Government processing fees are typically $325 and union "advisory letters" are typically $250 for non film applicants and $500 for film applicants. Fees may range per applicant but all fees will be disclosed to you before we begin the application process and can be paid electronically via Paypal, Chase Quickpay, or bank wire.
Q: Are there any other responsibilities or requirements of a LF Fellowship recipient?
A: The short answer is just keep being awesome and performing at the high standards you have already set for yourself as an artist. We do also ask that you be willing to share your experience with Lehach Filippa for marketing purposes. Examples of marketing materials may include permissions to share testimonials on the Lehach Filippa website or blog.